Re: [Evolution] Schedule meetings between outlook and evolution.

On 05 Aug 2001 21:34:22 +0200, Erik Bågfors wrote:
Here are the results from my tests trying to schedule meetings between
outlook and evolution. Included are also a test sending vcard between
them.

Schedule a meeting in outlook and send it to a evolution-user.

The meeting shows up in evolution. I can klick Accept and RSVP.  I do
that and a
reply is sent and the meeting is added to the calendar.  Great.

The outlook user get's a mail back from the evolution-user.  The mail is
empty but
has an attachment.  The attachment is named Calendar attachment.txt
Outlook
doesn't know what to do with it. I can save it or open it (in a
text-viewer).

No luck.

This actually worked for me, in that Evolution successfully acknowledged
a meeting request, but the bug for me was that the meeting request had
been sent to two people, I was the second, but Evolution acknowledged
the meeting for the first person.  I don't know how Evolution is meant
to know which of the people requested for the meeting is the user
(except by fuzzy matching on the participant's name) but in this case
my name matched exactly and it acknowledged the first participant
instead of me.

David.