[Evolution] Schedule meetings between outlook and evolution.

Here are the results from my tests trying to schedule meetings between outlook and evolution. Included are also a test sending vcard between them.

Schedule a meeting in outlook and send it to a evolution-user.

The meeting shows up in evolution. I can klick Accept and RSVP.  I do that and a
reply is sent and the meeting is added to the calendar.  Great.

The outlook user get's a mail back from the evolution-user.  The mail is empty but
has an attachment.  The attachment is named Calendar attachment.txt  Outlook
doesn't know what to do with it. I can save it or open it (in a text-viewer).

No luck.

Schedule a meeting in evolution and send it to a Outlook user

I klick new appointment in the evo-calendar.  I enter a summary and I cannot enter swedish characters there. They are converted to _.  Looks like an utf-8-conversion is missing.  I go to Actions->Schedule meeting and get a new tab. I Enter a email-address in Attendee and klick Save and Close.  When opening the appointment again the Meeting tab is gone. No message is sent to the address I entered before.

Ok, that didn't work.  let's try to forward the meeting instead.  Actions->Formard as iCalendar, enter the
address and send it to the outlook-user.

The outlook user get a mail with an attachment named Calendar attachment.txt.  Outlook doesn't know what to do with it.  Same as when rsvp:ing.

No luck for me!  Does this actualy work for anyone???

----

Trying to send contact between outlook and evo.

I send a contact from outlook to evolution. It shows up in the email-message
but swedish characters are missing.  My last name is B_ors instead of Bågfors.

The same thing happens if I send from evolution->evolution so this has nothing to do with outlook :)

Sending from evolution -> outlook works great!!!! :)

This is with evolution 0.12 and Outlook2000 (9.0.0.2711)

/Erik
--
Erik Bågfors               | erik bagfors nu
Supporter of free software | GSM +46 733 279 273