Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: [Evolution] Contacts disappeared in latest snapshots

On 27 Apr 2001 08:16:51 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
So, is it a transient problem or will the format definitely stay db1.85 ?

  I think we should move to use db2 all the time.  We should add checks
in configure.in and make sure Evolution refuses to build if db2 is
missing.

  I am not sure why the new snapshots are linking with db1.85 instead of
db2.

If so, how do I convert my contacts back to 1.85 format ?

  Maybe you can use db_dump from version 2 and create a 1.85 db with the
tools in 1.85.   Sigh.

  I am sorry that people are having trouble with this...  We'll try to
fix this ASAP.  Unfortunately, the fact that libdb does its best to hide
the actual version number and prevent you from reading or writing 1.85
db's with version 2 doesn't really help.

--
Ettore