[Evolution] help - Ive just deleted all my mail for some strange reason?

iI noticed in the VFolders under UNMATCHED, that i had loads of mail, so
i deleted them , then clicked on explunge, and now for some strange
reason i've lost *all* my mail from every single folder.
could someone please explain what the use of v folders are, as i cannot
get the evolution docs to work.otherwise i would of read up on them.

        A penguin a day keeps the fatal exceptions away...

                        Registered Linux User: 208939