[Evolution] appointment categories

I notice some strange behaviour when it comes to choosing a category for
a new appointment.

If the category you wish to associate with an appointment is not on the
list, you can add a new one, and it gets added to the list. When that
appointment is saved, the new category does not show up when creating or
editing another appointment. If you return to edit the original
appointment, the new category is present again.

I am using the current anoncvs version of evolution