[Evolution] Evolution and GNOMEs

All,

I am writing an article regarding GNOME and KDE. I want to include Ximian GNOME. Something I am not sure of is this: Can Evolution be run under the GNOME version supplied say with Redhat and other distros or does Evolution REQUIRE Ximian GNOME ? I have not seen the GNOME acronym defined for awhile isn't it GNU Network Object Management Environment?

This article is due to be published at the end of this month and I will need some screenshots and other information. I will purchase/download Ximian GNOME and Evolution to try it out.

Before late spring I have to author another article bout Linux applications so Evolution will figure prominently as it would appear to be superior to the tool supplied with StarOffice or Applixware.

Any comments or caveats regarding Evolution would be good to put in the article. I monitor the mailing list but if anyone has something specific they can send it to:

rstoos rochester rr com

Thanking you all prematurely,

Ralph H. Stoos Jr.