[Evolution] Small aesthetic issues

I just installed today's snapshot, and I have a couple of
comments/questions on aesthetics:

1. I notice that the Etree objects no longer have the subtle stripes
that they had before.  Why not?  IMHO the stripes were really nice.  In
fact, I was going to send a message to the list saying how sweet it was
that when you highlighted multiple messages the stripes would become a
slightly darker and slightly lighter version of the highlight color from
your theme.  Great work by somebody.  Now can we have them back?

2. No more doggie?  I always thought that Rover would have to go
someday, but now that he's been replaced with the rather plain and
Outlook-like Send/Receive icon I find myself missing him.

Abe