Re: [Evolution] Compilation Problem (0.10)

On 19 Apr 2001 10:58:33 -0600, Joe Orth wrote:
I have been running evolution for several months now.  Recently I have
decided to attempt to compile a version of 0.10 so that I could try out
the LDAP and pilot conduits.

I am running Debian 2.2r3 (Potato), and I think that I have all of the
dev packages that I should need installed, but I keep getting the
following error:

configure: error: Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file that is generated
by gnome-libs install

I ran locate and sure enough, gnomeConf.sh is not installed on my
system.  I went looking for the package gnome-libs and all that I found
was gnome-libs-data from the ximian distribution.  The redhat
distribution seems to have a gnome-libs package, so I don't quite
understand why the Debian distro doesn't.

in Debian, this package is split into several small packages and is/are
called libgnome*. You would need certainly to install also the *-dev
packages, which is what you seem to be missing.

Just run a 'dpkg -l libgnome*' and see which ones you're missing.

cheers
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/