[Evolution] post-GNOME 1.4 success

Okay, so this isn't vital information, but I thought it might be useful
for somebody. Today I spent most of my workday running 'rpm -tb
suchandsuch.tar.gz' against the source tarballs for GNOME 1.4. Several
of them wouldn't go, but those weren't important. Many of them had
mangled spec files, which I tweaked into submission.

To make a long story short, I updated the key GNOME packages, avoided
anything that my Evo snaps had a "newer" version of, and went back into
X, GNOME and Evo without a hitch. Only time will tell if I've mangled
something and just don't know it yet, but so far so good.

I'll be glad to see Ximian packages for this thing, I don't mind telling
you. Rolling your own is all well and good, but it's also a good thing
there weren't any emergencies today that demanded more of my attention
(and a working desktop environment).

fwiw:

 - Evo 0.9 +cvs.2001.03.27.09.00, which (near as I can tell by reading
this list) seems to be among the last reasonably-usable snapshot builds.
 - Redhat 6.2 "core" (heavily, heavily patched since then, among other
things)
 - Linux kernel 2.4.0
 - XFree86 4.0.2 (Voodoo3 chipset, 1280x1024x16bit)
 - Enlightenment 0.16.5 (with some odd extras/whatnot from the newer CVS
code.)
 - And other stuff you probably aren't interested in. *g*

--
---
  Karel P Kerezman - IS Admin, Entercom Portland LLC - http://zero.kgon.com