Re: [Evolution] progressive slowdown

On 04 Apr 2001 19:57:17 -0400, Fernando Pereira wrote:
As I used 04.04 today, response to all main actions -- downloading
messages, viewing new messages, deleting messages, creating message
composition windows, sending messages -- became progressively slower,
until it was close to intolerable. Evo then crashed (maybe for other
reasons, see separate report). I ran killev and restarted, and now it is
reponding much faster.

Data structures in a long-running thread collecting junk that slows down
some kind of lookup?

That's funny because today when I started 04.04 for the first time I did
it on a fresh reboot.  It started running a bit slower on everything and
then crashed.  However, when I closed it down and did a killeve and
started it again it worked fine.  I think however that it was due to
somekind of problem from the upgrading that evolution does whenever you
first run a new version of it.  It was a non-reproducable complication
that I've had on the last 2 upgrades now.

--
Sejal Patel (sejal iname com)

"I can call spirits from the vasty deep.  Why so can I, or so can any man;
but will they come when you do call for them?"
                                        Shakespeare, King Henry IV, Part I