Re: [Evolution] Bugs and suggestions

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Mattias Eriksson wrote:

Im using 0.5.1 and hvae found some minor bugs.

I can only answer addressbook questions well.

I got a mail with a vcard attached, it displays a correct icon at the bottom
I can rightclick on it an choose to viev it. But when I try to save it in the
address book it seems to just add a empty card.
And wouldn't it be nice to have an option to always display the cards, or maybe just cards that I don't
already have in my address book.

I'm pretty sure this is because of a bug involving the address field (an
internal thing).  It was fixed for a while, but work during the 0.5 cycle
required me to unfix it temporarily.  I've done the work now to fix it
again.  It's in cvs and should be in 0.6.  Please check, however, that
these same cards import correctly with 0.6.  If they still don't import
properly, then there's another bug that we don't know about.  Is this is
the case, I would love it if you could forward that mail to me.

As to always displaying the cards, this is a mailer issue, so I really
can't answer it well.  Sorry.

I also failed to import the pine address book using load-pine-addressbook,
it loaded some cards and then it segfaulted. I haven't got the time to look
into it deeper... I'm going to see if I can find out if there is some special
entry that couses the crash.

Yep, I coded that without a standard of what the .addressbook file looks
like.  I've found one specific thing that lots of people have been having
trouble with.  Once again, it's fixed in cvs and 0.6.  Tell us if this
still doesn't work in 0.6.

Thanks for your bug reports,
   Chris