[Evolution] How to use GPG support?

If I were not mistaken encryption (GPG/PGP) support was first added in
0.4.0/1 but not turned on by default; so for 0.5.1 I downloaded the SRPM
(Redhat 6.2) and proceeded to run ./configure after untar'ing the TGZ.
Since it seems to detect GPG just fine I proceeded to rebuild the RPM.
Lo and behold... no difference at all. No options to use encryption, and
a signed message sitting in my Inbox appears as it was, in plain text.

And by the way, what happens if Kerberos support is compiled in too?

Regards,

Michel