Re: [Evolution] More bugs to report

2.  When sending a message, I have noticed that using a comma inside
of quotes will mess up.  For example, if I wanted to send a mail to
"Doe, John <johndoe home com>" using sendmail as my mail transport, it
will attempt to send the message to "Doe".  It completely ignores the
rest of the address.

      Probably because you have to use the right syntax when using
multiple names in a "Proper Name" field of an RFC-compliant message, as
shown in my From: line.

Most major universities use the naming convension of last, first for the
default email addresses they assign the students.  I was simply repling
to a message sent to me by a friend who sent it to me that way and that
is when I kept getting messages saying that it was undeliverable because
such as such was not a valid email address.  When I removed the name
completely from the message and left only the email address it worked
fine.

--
Sejal Patel (sejal iname com)

"I can call spirits from the vasty deep.  Why so can I, or so can any
man;
but will they come when you do call for them?"
                                        Shakespeare, King Henry IV, Part