Re: [Evolution] Why is ~/evolution not ~/.evolution?

Hello all,

The evolution directory doesn't just contain configuration files! It's
got all your mail and data in it.  We wanted to make sure that nobody
would say, "hm, i want to get rid of my preferences. 'rm -rf
.evolution'" and delete all their mail.

At least, that was the reasoning someone gave me when I asked. :>

Yours
Aaron Weber
Helix Code, Inc.

Yura wrote:

Ross Burton wrote:

Why is the evolution data directory not called ".evolution", so it is
hidden?  When I type "ls" in my home drive, I want to see my work, not
my configuration files.  Nautilus does the same, very annoying...

Ross Burton

 Yeah! Count me in!
Please get rid of it, let it be .evolution
Thank you.