Re: [Evolution] IMAP/SSL, IMAP folders, and a couple other things

Dan Winship wrote:

We can't link against OpenSSL. Really. We can't. Can't. No.

As has been pointed out, Mozilla has a dual GPL/MPL SSL
implementation. However, there have been patent/crypto issues with
using that, which will probably be resolved soon now that RSA is in
the public domain. So we will most likely end up using that.

The Mozilla/NSS team were waiting until 21-Sept to start the RSA
implementation. Once RSA Security "gave the RSA" implementation to the
world on 6-Sept (nice PR move for something inevitable) the Mozilla/NSS
team immediately started implementing it.

The "beta" release schedule has been moved up, while the "RTM" release
has remained the same. Of course the source is available via cvs, so
those release schedules only mean stablization of the code and API.

-j

--
Joseph F. Dries III
President, DCsquared Inc.

 6th century scholar Dionysius Exiguus designated the initial epoch
 Anni Domini Nostri Jesu Christi. Gregorian calendar years are counted
 from AD 1 despite the belief that Christ was born a few years before
 AD 1. By extrapolation we find that the 20th century comprises the
 years AD 1901-2000. Therefore, the 21st century will begin with
 1 January 2001 and continue through 31 December 2100.
   -- http://aa.usno.navy.mil/AA/faq/docs/millennium.html