Re: [Evolution] multiple evolutions

The second appears to work correctly, but if I close it then the
first instance just ends up as the shell, without any components
running.

Yes. Known bug, although I'm realizing we can fix that easily now, so
I'll update that bug entry.

Another problem I am noticing, is that newsgroups are very unstable,
I keep ending up while reading my news with the news crashing then
taking the mail with it, forcing a restart of evolution.

Yes, the news support is much less tested than just about everything
else except maybe pilot support.

-- Dan