Re: [Evolution] running calendar alone?

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Steve Fox wrote:

"Brian T.N. Gunney" wrote:

There's no problem with running evolution and just ignore the mail
and contact management portions.  But I thought, Well gosh, there's
this thing called evolution-calendar right there in my $PATH ...
Wonder what would happen if I tried to run it.  :)

Well, put me down as someone who really wants to run them individually.
I believe it was discussed before and I think it is in plan. Part of the
justification is that the monolithic interface does not promote drag n
drop actions. I know I'd rather not spend half my time switching between
views.
Evolution 0.6 (when released) will support multiple views. Go to the file
menu, choose new, then view. You can then have one pane showing the
contacts list, another the mail, or multiple mail folders for that matter.
I have a problem with not being able to close a view after opening it. I
am told this is fixed, but maybee I need to do an update for this to work.

*  Guy Steven                       *  Meadow Mushrooms Marathon  *
*                                   *  Christchurch, New Zealand  *
*  Barrister & Solicitor            *           #####             *
*  ph 64 3 355 6189                 *   ###  3 JUNE 2001  ###     *
*  gsteven southern co nz           *           #####             *