Re: [Evolution] locale not supporting by C library

Dan Winship wrote:

What's the meaning of this message in Terminal:

      "Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library "  ?

It means you built gtk without internationalization support (meaning
you're not on Linux and you didn't point it to a copy of libintl when
you configured).

I don't think it is related to gettext (i.e. libintl), or GTK+.

I think it is because the libc locale information hasn't been created
on your machine, or you are using the wrong locale setting (e.g. it
just happened to me when I used "LANG=fr" instead of "LANG=fr_FR").
Or possibly your locale isn't actually supported by the libc on your
machine. What do you have LANG set to?

The glibc info docs mention using localedef to create the i18n info:

  "For example, to set up a German locale with name `de_DE', simply
   issue the command `localedef -i de_DE -f ISO-8859-1 de_DE'.

But I think most recent distributions ship with all locale info setup,
so that probably isn't the problem.

Damon