[Evolution] Lock problems with Debian 2.2: proposed solution (danw helixcode com) no good

Hi,

of course I should have looked up the mailings list archive before
posting. Sorry.
I have it done now and found a workaround proposed
by  danw helixcode com

danw said on Fri, 15 Sep 2000 12:42:39 -0400
(http://lists.helixcode.com/archives/public/evolution/2000-September/002255.html)

If you don't have write permission to /var/spool/mail, you need to use
a setuid/setgid movemail program. Evolution doesn't currently include
source for its own, but if you have emacs or netscape installed, you
can use the one that comes with it. Just configure evolution with
"--with-movemail=/path/to/movemail".

This option is not compiled into the Debian packages 0.5.1 however:

user host:~$: evolution --with-movemail=/path/to/movemail
Error on option --with-movemail=/path/to/movemail: unknown option.
Run 'evolution --help' to see a full list of available command line
options.
user host:~$:

I would suggest to include the option for the next preview.

Regards,
Knuckles

--

I did not vote for the Austrian government

Linux: The choice of a GNU generation. Visit http://www.gnu.org/