[Evolution] Potato: Evolution can't lock mailfile?

Hi,

I've for the first time set up a mail solution that satisfies me with
Debian 2.2/Potato: I send mail with exim and retrieve it from my ISP
with fetchmail and deliver locally with exim.
On Potato, mailspool is /var/mail/$USER. These are the permissions

drwxrwsr-x      root   mail /var/mail
-rw-rw----    user1 mail /var/mail/user1

I've told evolution that mailsource is sendmail and path is
/var/mail/user1
When I click "Get Mail",

--

Mario, who did not vote for the Austrian government

Linux: The choice of a GNU generation. Visit http://www.gnu.org/