Re: [Evolution] CVS mirror?

NotZed wrote:

anoncvs is a dns rotary, so it already points you to one of
the several mirrors.

Maybe this is not such a good idea. For example, I tend to modify my
autorpm configuration to point specifically at UK mirror sites to avoid
unnecessary and sometimes painful transatlantic links caused by the
default list of mirror sites.

If anoncvs is a rotary, when updating my working directories, it's pot
luck as to which server I hit.

How about a anoncvs.uk.gnome.org or similar? I don't care if it's a
rotary, as long as their all good UK mirrors.

How about just a list of mirror hostnames/addresses on a webpage, so
people can choose their nearest?

Regards,

--
Ross

I guess the usual applies, of 'keep trying', but perhaps gnome
needs more anon mirrors if they can't keep up ever.

 Michael

Greetings.

I am having a horrible time updating my CVS on a nightly basis from
'anoncvs.gnome.org'. I was unable to find any mirrors off the main
GNOME site in order to get Evolution and keep the other packages up
to date. I have 11 hops and ping times on average of 90ms. The server
appears to be loaded pretty good I guess. Any ideas? TIA.

-Steve

--
 Steven J. Hill - Embedded SW Engineer
 Public Key: 'finger sjhill mail cotw com'

--
Ross

It's not the fall that kills you, it's the landing.