Re: [Evolution] ACT 2000!

Hi,

Let me chime in that this could be a very big win for Evolution.
Several studies have shown that (for better or worse) call center
employment is one of the largest growth industries in the US.
Call centers cannot operate without good contact management.
I think it would be extremely useful for some of the Evolution
development team to contact some call centers and talk to the
team leads about the characteristics of their software solutions.
This is the kind of thing that, if done right (read, "made highly
customizable and flexible") could result in thousands or tens of
thousands of people using Evolution.  Ideally, there would be a
support team that would help tune the installation to the needs
of a call center.  This would result in a positive feedback loop
where the learning that would take place with each installation
would drive new feature implementation and customization options.

Tom Musgrove wrote:

I'm curious if there is any interest in creating an ACT 2000! equivalent GUI
to Evolution.  Essentially, ACT 2000! is a contact manager which attaches
all correspondence, email, etc. dealing with the contact to the contact
history