Re: [Evolution] Filing system

How is evolution going to support IMAP if all messages are in one file?  Should

Uh, all messages aren't in one file.  A single mbox folder is a single file,
but you can have multiple mbox folders, and imap folders are well, imap
folders.

it be all messages in one file [mbox] per folder/mailbox?  If it's set up as a
POP account then no problem. Currently I have about 15 folders and all messages
are filtered into the appropriate folder with a 100MB IMAP account.  Can't
vfolders search across multiple mbox files?

Thats the intention, yes.  Remember, vfolders dont even exist yet.

from http://www.imap.org/papers/imap.vs.pop.brief.html
IMAP can access and manage multiple mailboxes. This includes the ability to name
and access different incoming and archive message folders, but also the ability
to list, create, delete, and rename them. These mailboxes can be on the same
server or on different servers. An IMAP client may allow you to see them at the
same time, and move messages from one to the other.

Well, camel is basically an imap interface to any mail repository.
Myabe that answers your questions.

IMAP can support concurrent updates and access to shared mailboxes. This
capability is useful when multiple individuals are processing messages coming
into a common inbox. Changes in mailbox state can be presented to all
concurrently active clients via IMAP.

IMAP4 is defined in RFC-1730.

Try rfc 2060, which is newer.

On Wed, 10 May 2000 11:30:03 -0400