Re: [Evolution] are there nightly builds?

I think it would be preferable if make didnt produce a linux-distro-specific
package, and instead was split into say 'make rpm', 'make deb',  'make tgz'.
I'm not sure about slackware, but while debian can import rpms just fine,
it seems like the build process shouldnt target a specific os's package type.

Actually, for nightly builds, it would probably make the most sense to
just create a tarball. In there we could include all the binaries and
libraries that are needed (although this could get pretty big; maybe a few
tarballs for the libraries) and then have a shell script that properly
sets the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and GNOME_GNORBA_PATH and other such things.
Snapshot packages don't really make much sense (and are a much larger pain
in the behind to make) for something that is not even released or beta
yet.

I suppose this also brings in the issue of what platforms there should be
nightly builds for. Just ix86_linux ? What about other arch_linux'es?  I'd
be mostly happy with ix86, but then it would be nice to test evolution on
my powerbook as well.  Not to mention other arch/platforms...

We would have the ability to build it on ix86 systems and perhaps ppc.

Joe