Re: [HC Evolution] Re: libole2 -> gnomevfs backend?

  The solution I propose is to let the application programmer declare
if the program is GPL-compatible or not when calling
`gnome_vfs_init()', and the module programmer declare what the module
is compatible with at module initialization time.

This seems rather GPL-centric. GPLed modules cause a problem, so we
force _other_ modules to say whether or not the GPL has a problem with
them.

The only rationale for doing it this way is that there's no other
possible way it could work. :-)

However, there could be "weird" licenses that this wouldn't work with.

At any rate, this doesn't seem like it should especially be
gnome_vfs's problem. Anything that does dynamic loading might have to
deal with it, right? So if you are going to code a "solution", it
seems like it belongs in gmodule.

Oh, and here's a gross hack idea: quarantine the GPLed libraries into
a separate app and use CORBA to talk to them. Ha ha!

(Personally, I think we should just encourage people to not GPL
libraries.)

-- Dan