Re: [HC Evolution] Re: libole2 -> gnomevfs backend?

If I may add a few cents worth...  First of all, I can't
tell if we're talking about configuration parameters, or
a mix of e-mail data and configuration data.

I have been using an MH e-mail system as an electronic
filing cabinet for the past 7 or 8 years.  As a result,
I've got over 70 Mbytes of old messages in storage in
some 50 directories and sub-directories.  Granted, some
of this cruft should be culled out and de-rezzed, but a
good portion is stuff I wanna hold on to for one reason
or other.  My boss has over 130 Mbytes stored in even
more directories.

I can't imagine that our situation is unique.  Whatever
the solution, it should be robust enough to handle large
amounts of accumulated crap as efficiently as compromise
will allow.  (I like the indexed file system idea, myself.)

It seems to me unreasonable to store such a large amount
of data in a single file, especially if one must occasionally
steal some extra storage from a different partition once
in a while until that new disk drive comes in...

Bret