Re: [HC Evolution] Calendar to-do list

a book about calendarical computations.  It is also tricky because
iCalendar only supports Gregorian calendars right now, so we may have
to talk to the IMC's working group on calendaring.

Anyway - my thinking was that the PCS should be generic enough to handle any
types of months/days/years. Then for example we could have an 'Islamic View'
a 'Hebrew View' a 'Gregorian view' and even a 'Julian View'. Is that
'feasible' (I haven't looked at the code)?

I think this is the Right Way.  since iCalendar supports gregorian
calendars, that's the sanest storage method for data, right?  and then
implement a display-layer on top of that?

better would be a redesign of the icalendar protocol to support arbitrary
calendar formats (with a minimum range possibly being the mayan,
gregorian, julian, hebrew, and islamic calendars.. that should require
enough functionality that the buggies get stomped out.)

but that isn't likely to happen.. so a "view layer" would be nice i
think. :)

elijah