[HC Evolution] Shell and folders

Hello, dear primates,

I am trying to grok the Evolution shell mechanism so that I can
integrate the calendar into it.  I have two questions.

First, I see that the shell code hardcodes the default folder types
and how to launch their respective views.  For example, the get_view()
function in e-shell-view.c has a big switch that launches each type of
view.

Would it be better to have a more generic registration mechanism?  The
default things like the calendar/mail/addressbook would just register
themselves there.

Second, what is the difference between folders and services?

Thanks,

  Federico