Re: [HC Evolution] Some ideas

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 08:46:12PM -0500, Dan Winship wrote:
If I try to implement SMTP I need a server name.

CamelTransport is a subclass of CamelService. So you override
CamelService::connect.

Ok
Another thing is that in a send or send_to funtion is passed only 1
message. Have you thing about a user that writes his letters offline
and when it is done connets to internet and sends all at once?

The send routines work on an already-connected transport.

ie, the app would do something like:

smtp = camel_session_get_transport_for_protocol (session, "SMTP", ex);
camel_service_connect_with_url (CAMEL_SERVICE (smtp),
                              "smtp://trna.helixcode.com", ex);
for (msg = g_list_first (queued_messages); msg; msg = msg->next)
      camel_transport_send (smtp, CAMEL_MEDIUM (msg->data), ex);
camel_service_disconnect (CAMEL_SERVICE (smtp), ex)

(except checking for errors, of course :-)

Here I have to desagree if we do something like that we will have a prety lock application whenever we try to
send mail.
I was thinking more in doing something using IO (don't remember the name of the funtion) wach using gnet to
make all the socket conections and the receiving and sending stuff.

What you think about that?

-- Dan

Hector