Re: [HC Evolution] Some ideas

The send routines work on an already-connected transport.

ie, the app would do something like:

smtp = camel_session_get_transport_for_protocol (session, "SMTP", ex);
camel_service_connect_with_url (CAMEL_SERVICE (smtp),
                            "smtp://trna.helixcode.com", ex);
for (msg = g_list_first (queued_messages); msg; msg = msg->next)
    camel_transport_send (smtp, CAMEL_MEDIUM (msg->data), ex);
camel_service_disconnect (CAMEL_SERVICE (smtp), ex)

(except checking for errors, of course :-)

Here I have to desagree if we do something like that we will have a prety lock application whenever we try
to send mail.
I was thinking more in doing something using IO (don't remember the name of the funtion) wach using gnet to
make all the socket conections and the receiving and sending stuff.

thats really an implementaiton issue, the api itself above will
not/need to contain such information.

What you think about that?

I think the decision has finally been made to use threads - async
api on async api all routed through the main loop is getting too
painful.

But yes, that above api is a synchronous one, although it wouldn't
be very hard to make it asynchronous (infact, given what it does,
it could probably be made asynchronous transparently).

 Michael