Re: [HC Evolution] Some ideas

If I try to implement SMTP I need a server name.

CamelTransport is a subclass of CamelService. So you override
CamelService::connect.

Another thing is that in a send or send_to funtion is passed only 1
message. Have you thing about a user that writes his letters offline
and when it is done connets to internet and sends all at once?

The send routines work on an already-connected transport.

ie, the app would do something like:

smtp = camel_session_get_transport_for_protocol (session, "SMTP", ex);
camel_service_connect_with_url (CAMEL_SERVICE (smtp),
                                "smtp://trna.helixcode.com", ex);
for (msg = g_list_first (queued_messages); msg; msg = msg->next)
        camel_transport_send (smtp, CAMEL_MEDIUM (msg->data), ex);
camel_service_disconnect (CAMEL_SERVICE (smtp), ex)

(except checking for errors, of course :-)

-- Dan