Re: [HC Evolution] Some more questions

On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 11:27:32AM -0500, Dan Winship wrote:
If you use regular sockets, how in the world can you do for
evolution not getting locked while retriving mail? I was thinking in
using gnet (uses non-blocking sockets) to implement the smtp support
but if you have find a better way please let me know.

At the moment, Camel isn't really set up to do non-blocking
operations. This is something we've started thinking about, but
haven't done much about yet.

So it will get lock while retriving mail right?
Any objection for no5t using gnet (in the implementation of smtp if I ever start to do it).

I was thinking of using gnet for all sockets connections except for dns lookup, because it has this note (in
the dns related funtions)  wich I really didn´t like much

This is EXPERIMENTAL. It is based on forking, which can cause some problems. In general, this will work ok for
most programs most of the time. It will be slow or even fail when using operating systems that copy the entire
process when forking.

For dns lookup I was thinking of using GNU ADNS which is recomended in the same place where you can find the
notice.

Hector