Re: [Evolution] have you seen this message?

I agree.

Erick

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray Lee" <ray madrabbit org>
To: <evolution helixcode com>
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2000 6:25 PM
Subject: RE: [Evolution] have you seen this message?

1) Like it is now, just document it, because of course everyone will
   read the documentation and be enlightened.
2) Outlook style.

For the record, Outlook ('98/2000 at least) actually does #1. It has a
setting as to whether this should be enabled and what the timeout should be.
I thought I'd like this, but it turns out to be annoying. (Skimming masses
of messages that are uninteresting turns out to be difficult. 'Up-arrow,
pause, up-arrow, pause, ...'. I never knew how long two seconds was until I
had to wait on a computer to count it out.)

3) Messages should be marked read immediately upon being opened.
   People can mark them unread again by hand if they need to.
   (You can't toggle the flag by hand right now, but you will be
   able to.)

This has my vote. For the rare occasions I want to mark something unread, a
keyboard command would be wonderful.

Ray
--
rblee impulse net  ~  ray madrabbit org