Re: [Evolution] Problems with Evolution

        > IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared XImage
             Falling back on XImages

I was using a GTK pixmap theme (Marble 3D), I have turned to default theme and
now it is OK. I am aggree that pixmaps themes can slow the machine but a week or
two ago Evolution was fast with the same theme. So may be there is a
problem...

What version of the kernel are you using? I think somewhere in the later 2.3+ kernel you actually had to
mount the
shared memeory....

/dev/sdb1            1008M  328M  629M  34% /var/oracle
shm                   8.0G  2.4M  8.0G   0% /var/shm
/dev/sdb2             2.8G   14M  2.6G   1% /home/projects

here's my entry in the fstab....

none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
shm                     /var/shm                shm     defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0

give that a try and see what happends...
---Christopher