Re: [Evolution] Problems with Evolution

On dim, 11 jun 2000 03:47:09 Miguel de Icaza wrote:

1- I download frequently Evolution from CVS and I have noticed that now
Evolution is very slown to launch (3 or 5 minutes!!!) and I have many
messages like:

IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared XImage
           Falling back on XImages

I was using a GTK pixmap theme (Marble 3D), I have turned to default theme
and
now it is OK. I am aggree that pixmaps themes can slow the machine but a
week or
two ago Evolution was fast with the same theme. So may be there is a
problem...

Please turn of Shared Memory Support in your operating system.  Use
the "imlib_config" program to disable all use of XSHM.

Ok ,i have turned off Shared Memory Support, and now i have not the IMLIB error
message. But Evolution is still very slow to start with GTK pixmaps themes.

email: jmardantz ifrance com
site web: http://www.ifrance.com/ardantz
(Screenshots of Evolution and Nautilus)