Re: [Evolution] Ideas for Evolution

On 1 Jun 2000, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

When I was doing lots of email support, TypeIt4Me (a Mac extension) was
a major timesaver.  You basically typed the name of the macro, TI4M deleted
that text and in it's place typed your spiel.

Did this only work inside the message composer, or it worked across
the whole system?

It was a control panel/extension which did some evilness with keyboard buffer
and worked accross the whole system.  This was irritating at times,
using vi in a telnet window and having TI4M activate (think about it :) )
It would have been better integrated into the application.

This seems extremelly trivial to implement as a `hook' into the
message composer, and also makes sense.

Want to work on that?  I can give you pointers on how this hack can be
made to work.

Miguel.

I haven't touched Glib/Gtk before, my C is slightly rusty but I'd like
to have a attempt.  I'm much more a user support droid/tester.
Where is the best place to start?