Re: [Evolution] Install Problems

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, root wrote:

Guys,
    When I run the ./configure to install Evolution, after the check for
working makeinfo is found it checs host system type. I then get a
configure error. The error is "cant not guess host type; you must
speicfy one. I am using Redhat  6.2 with Helixcode Gnome 1.2. Does
anybody have any idea's.  What do I need to put in. I am fairly new to
this so your help would be appreciated.

I'm a Redhat 6.2 w/Helix 1.2 and I don't have this problem.  However, I
have in the past had this problem (back before I knew anything) but I
never did figure out what the cause of this problem was.  If anyone out
there knows, I'd love to know what it was.

Anyway, to fix your problem, you need to specifically tell it what your
computer system is because the config.guess file isn't figuring it out for
you.  On my system it is i686-pc-linux-gnu

That means that I have to do
./configure --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu

in order to configure it for that host.  I'm not actually sure if the
--host option is needed but I did it anyway when I was having these
problems and didn't bother checking its validity back then.

--
Sejal Patel - CS 1312 STA     "I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
   sejal cc gatech edu        Why so can I, or so can any man; but will