Re: [Evolution] options on download

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

you'd have to download the entire message again (because you can't start
where you left off), this begins to get overly complicated because what if
the user has it set to delete messages off the pop server after they
download? then what?
you can't just go get the rest of the message...because it isn't there

If you have it set to delete messages off the pop server after they
download then you have no problems. Why? Because the message never
finished downloading and so you don't send the DELE command. The pop
server doesn't automatically delete the message, it's the client that
requests the message to be deleted.

And about "If you want this functionality then use IMAP" Some of us have
no choice. I can't quite call up my ISP and say "Hey, I don't like pop3,
please install an IMAP server just for me."