Re: [Evolution] options on download

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

This can be done in IMAP, and I plan to do it like this...but lets not kill
ourselves trying to make POP act like an IMAP provider

The average joe does not use IMAP nor do they have access to one.  They
use modem connections and ISP's where they get their mail from and it is 9
times out of 10 going to be a POP3 server.  Businesses and companies have
the ability to simply "switch" from POP to IMAP but this product isn't
specifically targeted towards businesses and companies.  Besides, the
overall concencus from this newgroups seems to be that this would be
something useful if it is doable and looking closer and closer into it is
seems like this would be something doable.

--
Sejal Patel - CS 1312 STA     "I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
   sejal cc gatech edu        Why so can I, or so can any man; but will