[Evolution] User defined lists and text fields

Something that would be really cool to have, would be user defined pull down
lists.

Thus, say I'm in the construction industry, and I deal with five primary
types of professionals.  Then I would like to define a new pull down list as
Profession - and add the elements of {Architect, Mechanical Engineer, Mason,
Electrical Engineer}.  Also, if in the future I start dealing with other
professions, I would like to append {Plumber, Landscaper, etc.}

This would make Evolution vastly more flexible than any of the other contact
managers out there, and would make it quickly customizable by profession.
(Much more so than just user defined fields, something which some contact
managers already have...).

It would also be cool to have user defined free text fields.  (Not just a
notes field necessarily.  There are category specific notes that I would
like to define in order to reduce the search area/time, as well as ease
report making, and exporting...)

Thus it would be relatively trivial to for any user to imitate any of the
current Contact Managers and to add any customization that would be valuable
for them.  This is something that will knock all of the other contact
managers out of the park...  (Incidentally, I've been doing a review of
contact managers and 'Business Intelligence', Customer Relations Management
(CRM), and Technical Support software (most of which are just glorified
contact managers...) software for my company.  They generally are inflexible
and have horrid UIs, but they all have a few features that are invaluable to
an industry niche, and thus capture a small corner of the market.  With
these additional features, we should be able to be 'all things to all
people' in  extremely short order and without any need for advanced skills.

Thanks for listening,

Tom M.
TomM pentstar com