Re: [Evolution] CLI in the GUI

Anybody's open to create a terminal version, fortunately
we've done most of the hard work :)

As for background importing, well maybe at some
point, but not just yet.  Its certainly possible, but
I would suggest it can wait till post 1.0.

 Michael

Yes!

And more Yes!

Can you create a terminal version?  Seriously, I would like
scripting capabilities external to Evolution, no matter what

The ability to have a cron job import mail in to the beast rather than
turn up after a weekend and wait 5 mins while it imports N hundred
emails would be the first thing I would setup...  I hate loading
netscape, and having it hog the processor for a minute while it imports
a few hundred mails.  It's simply ugly, and ugly is often bad.

Also, one could have said script running every 5 mins, and as well as
importing, notify of important email without having to start evolution.
Kind of like the reminders from outlook at the moment, though way more
usefull. Who wants to be reminded of an apointment when you could have a
message pop up telling you some jokes have arrived!

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss