[Evolution] Interoperability API / Protocol ? Which way ?

Hi,

i'm working in a firm which developped an online Agenda (+AddressBook)
I'm not here to make an advert for it but to ask a few questions :

We're developping 'synchronisers' (aka small plug-ins to make your
offline and your online agenda in Sync). For the Windows platform, we're
Ok :

we've just finished with the one for Outlook (97 & 2000), Outlook
Express & Palm are on the Way. But as i use Linux to develop this agenda
(the online one), i'd like to sync it with whatever Organizer/Agenda
lives on Linux.

        As Evolution would replace (for me) GnomePIM and Balsa, i'd like to
sync it with my Linux offline agenda.

So my question is : how should i attack Evolution internals ?

For Outlook, that was OLE_Automation/COM, for OE it was MAPI, for Palm
it's a conduit, for Exchange it's CDO ...

Should i use CORBA ? Should i make adds to Evolution source ? Would
there be a plug-in system (one for Palm, one for whatever online agenda
you want ...) ? Should i use iCalendar ?

Anyway, you're making good work. That's really close to Outlook
(graphically). Would it be accessible via a scripting language ? (did i
say gb ??)

Bye and thanks for any response

Stéphane LOEUILLET
mailto:stephane freeplanning com