Re: Movemail then move back was Re: [Evolution] Movemail, why?

Hi

On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 03:10:28AM -0500, Matt Knopp wrote:
Um, I'm not claiming that having to lock the file twice
matters.  The issue I see is in rebuilding the spool in a way
that is sensiable.  I don't think for example putting the

OK.

X-MUA-Magic-thingy most clients use to store metadata belongs
back in the spool.  With that said, the move-back would have
to trim off all of the metadata; which would remove any chance
of getting virtual-imap.  I assume by virtual-imap you are
meaning the ability to have folders without having folders.

Well, I don't know what is meant by "virtual imap" either.  I'm
not the one who asked the question in the first place.  I was
just questioning what you said about not copying the stuff back
:)

Maybe If i understood why you want this it would make sense to
me; but basically I just can't see how it would be useful.

The person who asked initially seemed just to want to be able to
read his mail with something like elm/mutt/pine when he only had
access to the machine via telnet.  As far as I can tell,
"mutt -f ~/evolution/local/Inbox/mbox" should do it as long as
you have everything in the Inbox and use VFolders instead of
"real" folders.  The only thing stopping this is the "From - "
lines that mutt/pine/elm don't like.

--
Michael Wood        | Tel: +27 21 762 0276 | http://www.kingsley.co.za/
wood kingsley co za | Fax: +27 21 761 9930 | Kingsley Technologies