Re: Movemail then move back was Re: [Evolution] Movemail, why?

Indeed, BUT, you have to (or "movemail" has to) lock the mail
spool when you move it out in the first place, so if you can do
it once, why not twice?  I'm not saying it should be done, but
your argument that you can't lock it the second time doesn't
make much sense to me.

Um, I'm not claiming that having to lock the file twice matters.  The
issue I see is in rebuilding the spool in a way that is sensiable.  I don't
think for example putting the X-MUA-Magic-thingy most clients use to store
metadata belongs back in the spool.  With that said, the move-back would
have to trim off all of the metadata; which would remove any chance of
getting virtual-imap.  I assume by virtual-imap you are meaning the ability
to have folders without having folders.

Maybe If i understood why you want this it would make sense to me; but
basically I just can't see how it would be useful.

-Matt