Re: Movemail then move back was Re: [Evolution] Movemail, why?

On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 06:50:31AM -0700, Hassan Aurag wrote:
Then please move it back once done with it. In other
words fake imap even on systems without imap! This
shouldn't be a problem since those files are local
even though they might be coming from nfs.

I don't have any clue what you mean by "fake imap".  As for moving it back,
guess what... you get all the same problems back again. You have to deal with
locking the spool, because while you "moved" the file off into mailreader
land new mail can have arrived. So now at somepoint to move it back you have
to: (a) lock the spool. (b) incorperate the spool into your copy of the
spool in some sesiable way. (c) put your "newer new spool" in place. (d)
unlock the file so that the MTA can then add any mail that has arrived while
you were incorperating the "new to you, but old to the mta mail".

By "fake imap" did you mean "create the illusion of folders within a single
file?  Yes that could be done, but it seems like an excessivly bad idea(tm).

Would that be too much work?

Given that it makes the problem harder, I would imagin so..

-Matt