Re: [Evolution] a few quick Qs

On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 01:46:21PM -0400, Dan Winship wrote:
2) will evolution notice if mail is added to the mbox (eg. by procmail)
behind its back?

DO NOT do that! Evolution does not do any locking of its own files,
and if you change them while it is running, it may later overwrite
parts of them with "wrong" data.

What you want to do is to use procmail to filter mail into one mbox,
and then tell Evolution to fetch mail from that mbox into its own.

the solution i came up with was this:

create a user 'bob' in my normal user's group, w/ just pop access.
make /var/spool/mail/bob group-writeable

put this at the top of my ~/.procmailrc:

:0 Dc:
/var/spool/mail/bob

set evolution to pull mail from 'bob's pop account.

and that works.

mibus
--
Robert Mibus <mibus bigpond com>
"If you'll excuse me a minute, I'm going to have a cup of coffee."