Re: [Evolution] a few quick Qs

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 15:08:50 NotZed wrote:

No, no sorting is expected freom the contents of th emailboxl.

The main criterea used for threading is the messages 'in-rely-to' and
'referendes' headers.  After thats all done, the sorting is based on the
sent-date.  So yesl, this could be a bit out, since the sent date
depends on the sender having the correct offset from gmt int he
email.

The last criteria used is the subject.  So i find it very unliklely
that you are getting genuinly wrong threaded messages (its using the
same algorithm as used in netscape 3).

        I must add that i've observed this behaviour also. I was trying to
reproduce it but evolutions didn't cooperate.

 One thing that i noticed was the following. I am using imap to read the same
folders that balsa does, where procmail delivers the mais. In some folders
there were messages wich were marked as new but i couldn't read it. It looked
like they had been deleted but there was still a record of their presence.
Folders with this problem also showed the above behavior.

        I'll try to get a screenshot and then i'll post an url to it.

        See y'a

--
        Mario Filipe
        mjnf uevora pt