Re: [Evolution] IMAP feedback in 0.2

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:49:35 EDT
 Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj helixcode com> wrote:
#I'm using IMAPv4 so not sure if these errors also
#> occur under POP3 or not. I've tried 4 or 5 times search 'Body or Subject
#> Contains' and it's bombed each time.
#
#This has been fixed in the latest CVS, the reason it crashed was because
#your IMAP provider probably didn't support SEARCHing, in this case
#Evolution will now grey-out the search tool so you can't use it (eventually
#we might code some sort of work-around so you can search on IMAP even if it
#doesn't support SEARCH).

I confirmed that my IMAP software I'm using does indeed support the SEARCH
command so it must still must be evolution isn't compliant quite yet.

From the main programmer of our email software:
"SEARCH command is the part of the IMAP standard. <Email software> supports it,
of course."

I switched over to POP and SEARCH works great.

Search isn't even implemented in the impa provider yet.l

#Expunge currently does send the EXPUNGE command to the IMAP server, but I
#have commented out the code that marks messages as deleted, so expunge
#won't actually do a whole lot :-)
#I did this to protect beta testers from accidently deleting their mail :-)

Can you unprotect us in 0.3?  Everyone knows to backup their email.  I just
created another IMAP account and copied my .mbox'es over to my new account to
test it out. So I'm prepared to crash and burn all email.

Refiling (with POP) doesn't immediately remove the message from the current
folder although I would envision it will in future versions I hope.

Under Local (POP3) why does it display Draft, Trash, Outbox, etc. they don't
exist or work?  Shouldn't it be able to create those on the fly?  Only by
creating new folder am I able to refile messages into those folders. Yep just
reread Dan Winship's message and he indicates they're still not quite there yet.

Virtual Folder Druid.  I thought this was working somewhat. I tried creating
From rule / added address someone company com but couldn't get it to show any
messages.  Does it only apply to new incoming messages perhaps?  I thought
vfolders are supposed to look in the INBOX (for now..other folders in the
future) and display only based on the rule criteria.

So I put edited the address from someone company com to "First Last"
<someone company com> and it bombed.  Isn't " " and < > a proper standard?

Yes, but evolution matches against the email address part, after
its been decoded frorm the message.  The from thing should work,
but the druid's got issues so it might not even b e creating
the rule propely (its in the midst of a reqrite).