Re: [Evolution] trying to compile again...

Nathan Thompson-Amato wrote:

NotZed wrote:

My theory:

The various Gnome RPMs are installed under /usr , but the default when
you run configure (or autogen.sh, which runs configure for you) is to
put things under /usr/local .  So Bonobo, ORBit, etc., are going to wind
up installing under /usr/local and (I assume) looking for support files
there as well.

No thats not quite correct during the autoconf stage (it is when
compiling), aclocal looks for macros in the default place where
it was installed, which is /usr/share/aclocal, and that is the
problem it is having.

Phooey.  I thought that might not pan out.   Thanks for correcting me.

You can also set the ACLOCAL_FLAGS variable to additional paths, ie:

ACLOCAL_FLAGS=-I /opt/gnome/share/aclocal

I do this in /etc/profile or you could do it in your local shell setup.

-JP
JP Rosevear                             jpr arcavia com
Arcavia Software Ltd.                   http://www.arcavia.com
(905) 853-7714