[Evolution] Glibc

I'm running Mandrake 7.1, which has glibc 2.1.3-17. I've dl'd all the
new 586 rpms for Evo 8 and have satisfied all dependency issues except 1
- and it's a biggy. Seems it requires glibc_2.2 (libc.so.6). I've got a
56K dialup and would like to know what I'm getting myself into before I
go further. Seems to me that I'm going to be faced with lots more
dependency issues because of this glibc fella that I started with, aye?
Deja searches are rampant with eeks & ikes over this. Is there a
workaround? As it stands, I'm breaking Nautilus, and that's more than
enough for 1 day.

Tks for any advice.